OPPORTUNITY BOX’S WIN AN IPAD COMPETITION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS SEPTEMBER 2019
The following stipulates Terms and Conditions of entry for Opportunity Box’s WIN An iPad Competition featured at the IFS World Conference and run by Opportunity Box ABN 63 615 298 809. Additions or deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of Opportunity Box, and may be enacted at any time subject to state regulation.
By entering this competition, entrants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with Opportunity Box’s General Terms and Conditions. Where there is any inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions will prevail. These Terms and Conditions are available at http://www.opportunitybox.com.au/iPad or can be viewed at the Opportunity Box IFS World Conference booth.
The competition commences on Monday 7th October 2019 at 10am (EST) with entries closing on Thursday 10th October 2019 at 5pm (EST). One winner will be drawn by Opportunity Box at 110 Eagle Street, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia by Wednesday, 30th October 2019.
METHOD OF ENTRY
All contestants acknowledge that Opportunity Box can rely on this clause at any time, even if Opportunity Box only learns of a person’s ineligibility after Opportunity Box has nominated the person as the winner or awarded the prize. Return of the prize or payment of its value to Opportunity Box can be required by Opportunity Box if this occurs.
1. Entry is open to all attendees at the 2019 IFS World Conference in Boston, Massachusetts.
2. Entrants of any age may enter the competition.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted.
4. Entrants must enter the competition online and complete the various web forms. All correct details must be provided including all extra information requested.
5. Entrants must submit their details via the bar code badge scanner at the booth.
6. Entrants are permitted to participate in other Opportunity Box competitions during this competition.
Any entry to this competition is also deemed invalid and disqualified if:
1. A person who is an employee, officer, servant, volunteer or contractor of Opportunity Box or its related bodies corporate or associates or any of its agencies involved with this competition;
2. The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of a person referred to in paragraph (a) above;
3. A person who has used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by Opportunity Box;
4. A person who refuses to comply with or breaches any terms of these General Competition Entry Rules.
5. Tampering with the entry process, including exceeding any limitation on the numbers of entries, or any other process as determined by Opportunity Box that in any way affects the fairness of the promotion, including fraudulent information; tampering with the operation of the competition or web site; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or
6. if an entrant selected as winner is found to be in breach of any term or condition of entry.
1. The winner will be drawn by Opportunity Box at 110 Eagle Street Brisbane, Queensland, Australia between 9am – 5pm on Wednesday, 30th October 2019.
2. In the event that a winner is disqualified, General Competition Entry Rules will apply and a new winner may be selected and, in the event that the entrant in breach has been awarded a prize, the entrant may be required to return the prize or reimburse the value of the prize to Opportunity Box.
3. The winner will be contacted either by phone or email on Friday, 1st November 2019 between 12pm – 5pm (AEST).
4. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
The winner of the WIN An iPad Competition will win the following prizes:
1. 1 x Apple iPad (valued at: AU$729.00)
2. All additional costs incurred will be at the expense of the winner, including transfers, additional meals and any other expenses not outlined in the inclusions, and other related expenses – unless by exception as determined by Opportunity Box.
3. Additional parking, entertainment or any additional travel costs are not included in the prize. These may be purchased at an additional cost to the winner.
4. The prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Opportunity Box will notify the winner by phone and will publish the name of the winner of the WIN An iPad Competition on www.opportunitybox.com.au/iPad within 96 hours of the winner being selected. This will remain on the website for at least 28 full days.
In the event a winner chooses not to accept the prize, they forfeit any and all claims to the prize which will then be transferred to Opportunity Box. The unclaimed prize [which may be of a lesser value] will then be awarded to the next, second best entrant.
The prize is accepted entirely at the risk of the winner and Opportunity Box excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law. Opportunity Box, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resultant of any ‘on’ or ‘off’ air competition staged by the company.
Opportunity Box shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or sustained (including but not limited to consequential loss), including for personal injury or property damage suffered or sustained, as a result of accepting any prize or participation in any competition or prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Opportunity Box accepts no responsibility for winners to take time off work or school in order to redeem the nominated prize. This is the sole responsibility of the winner and their parent/legal guardian.
A person who enters a competition releases from and indemnifies Opportunity Box (ABN: 96 042 635 740) from and against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in any competition including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission, or otherwise, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
The winner of the WIN An iPad Competition will be required to sign and return any liability release provided by Opportunity Box and/or its contractors as a condition of the prize being awarded. If the winner is under 18 years of age, their parent/legal guardian will be required to sign, complete and return any liability release provided by Opportunity Box and/or its contractors as a condition of the prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in the entitlement to the prize being forfeited and the prize will be returned back to Opportunity Box to then be given away as they see fit.
Once the prize/s are in the possession of the winner, should they be lost, stolen, or misplaced, Opportunity Box will not replace the prize and is not liable or responsible for the lost, stolen, or misplaced prize/s. The winner is solely responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and use of the prize and any additional costs are not the responsibility of Opportunity Box or its affiliates.
Subject to state regulation, Opportunity Box may terminate any contest at any time at its absolute discretion. In the event of such termination, Opportunity Box may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any prize in respect of the terminated contest.
Opportunity Box assumes no responsibility for any error, defect, delay, theft or unauthorized access to or altering of entries. Subject to any written directions given under the applicable law, if for any reason, the competition is not capable of operating as planned, including infection by computer viruses, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of Opportunity Box which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the competition, then Opportunity Box reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this competition.
Opportunity Box is not responsible for lost, interrupted communications or unavailable network server or other connections, failed telephone, mid delivery or computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
COPYRIGHT AND OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
Competition entries and material submitted in connection with any competition.
1. Whether written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those or any photographs, video and/or film footage and/or audio recording taken of competitors are assigned to Opportunity Box upon submission and become the property of Opportunity Box which may use the material in any medium in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in any such material remains the sole property of Opportunity Box.
2. All such entries and material remain the property of Opportunity Box (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement).
3. All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Opportunity Box has the right to publicize and/or broadcast his/her name, character, likeness, or all matters incidental herein.
4. All competition entries will become the property and copyright of Opportunity Box and may be used for promotional purposes.
2. Opportunity Box may record and use the Personal Information for its own marketing, planning, product development, promotional, broadcasting and research purposes, including but not limited to using the winner’s name, and country of residence.
The decision of Opportunity Box relating to any matter is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to a decision.
The promoter is Opportunity Box of PO Box 566 Clayfield, Queensland, Australia.