IFS Applications 10 Launches
IFS, the global enterprise applications company, has now launched IFS Applications™ 10, the new version of its enterprise applications suite at the IFS World Conference in Atlanta. Built to help customers capitalize on disruptive industry trends such as automation, connected devices (IoT), and servitization, the new version helps companies connect their business to a digital backbone.
New to IFS Applications 10 are:
- IFS Aurena: A state-of-the-art browser-based user experience that offer users an intuitive interface.
- AI/human-machine interaction: Drawing on artificial intelligence (AI) technology, IFS Applications 10 features the IFS Aurena Bot that empowers users to interact with the system via voice or textual input in an intuitive and efficient way. IFS Aurena Bot can be accessed from popular communications tools such as Skype, Skype for Business, and Facebook Messenger, as well as from within the IFS Aurena user experience.
- Service-centric capabilities: IFS Applications 10 includes major investments to support service-focused organisations, especially for manufacturers with service or aftermarket operations as well as service companies that need an integrated enterprise applications suite tailored to their business model.
- Demand-driven MRP (DDMRP): DDMRP is an extension of traditional MRP that helps companies deal with today’s challenges caused by short product lifecycles, long lead times and high demand variability. By introducing strategic inventory buffers, companies can reduce lead times and become increasingly demand-driven instead of having to rely on uncertain forecasts. IFS’s embedded solution has been validated and approved by the Demand Driven Institute, which demonstrates IFS’s ability to offer cost-efficient implementations.
- Manufacturing functionality: The new version boasts major enhancements to support process manufacturing, including new and extended capabilities for traceability, quality management, recipe and formula management, batch balancing, rework, and trade management. The extended features empower manufacturers leverage digital transformation into increased efficiency.
- Enhancements for global business: To offer extended support for globalised businesses, IFS Applications 10 features a completely rebuilt engine for global tax management, more multi-company capabilities, as well as robust support for parallel ledgers.
- Modern and cloud-friendly APIs: Open micro-service organised APIs, built according to the latest RESTful principles and the OASIS oData standard, ensure easy integration of data and processes in IFS Applications with IoT and AI technologies, Microsoft Office365, and most other modern cloud technologies and SaaS solutions.
IFS Applications 10 has already been implemented by five early adopter customers who have also provided feedback on the system. Representing a range of different industries and geographies, the early adopters are Chief Industries, Inc. (USA), Hexpol (Sweden), Portsmouth Aviation (UK), Volac (UK), and Valmont Industries (USA).
IFS Applications 10 has also garnered early commercial success through major sales agreements with French postal service company La Poste, global defense and security company Saab, leading Swedish coffee producer Löfbergs Lila, Swiss micromotor producer maxon motor, and Norwegian timber corporation Bergene Holm AS to name a few.
IFS Applications 10 is available as a managed service in the cloud, as Software as a Service (SaaS) and on premise.